Nordic Ware is a family-owned, American manufacturer of kitchenware products founded in 1946. From their home office in Minneapolis, Minnesota, they have marketed an extensive line of quality cookware, bakeware, microwave and barbecue products for the last 60-plus years.
Nordic Ware's first products were ethnic bakeware products such as their Rosette Iron, Ebleskiver Pan and Krumkake Iron. An innovative manufacturer and marketer, Nordic Ware is best known for its Bundt Pan. Today, there are nearly 60 million Bundt pans in kitchens across America.
Nordic Ware, a pioneer in microwave cookware, introduced the patented Micro-Go-Round (automated food rotator) and revolutionized microwave cooking. Nordic Ware expanded its product line to include over 50 microwave accessories.
In addition, Nordic Ware offers a complete line of conventional cookware, ovenware, bakeware, indoor/outdoor barbecue cookware and specialty kitchenware distributed worldwide. The Nordic Ware name -- associated with quality, dependability and value -- is recognized by millions of homemakers. Today 2 out of 3 American households own and use Nordic Ware products! In addition to consumer kitchenware products, the Nordic Ware Industrial Coatings Division is one of the country's most respected coating applicators. Their extensive finishing technology and history of quality, innovation and consistency in this highly technical and specialized area makes them a true leader in the industrial coatings industry.
Since founding Nordic Ware in 1946, the family has prided itself in providing long-lasting quality products, which will be handed down through generations. Their business is firmly rooted in the trust, dedication and talent of their employees, a commitment to using quality materials and construction, a desire to provide excellence in service to customers and the never ending research of consumer needs.
Being green is not a fad or trend at Nordic Ware; it is something they've been practicing for many years. They firmly believe that sustainability is no longer an option; rather, it is a requirement.
Nordic Ware has received Green recognition awards from both their city and the State of Minnesota for being leaders in reducing the environmental impact that businesses have on their community. Because they do their manufacturing in America, they are able to carefully monitor and control the materials and the processes they use, creating the smallest eco-footprint possible, while companies producing overseas may not even know what goes into their products.
Nordic Ware takes pride in having a sustainable business and making continual improvements to their manufacturing practices each year. Consumers can be confident that their products are made in the USA under fair labor practices and meet or surpass stringent US environmental standards. They believe these are just a few more reasons that consumers prefer their products.
Other important facts:
- Nordic Ware has been awarded the Green Business designation by the city the past three consecutive years and was recently featured on the news for their efforts in reducing our environmental impact
- Following Energy Star recommendations, they have installed energy-efficient lighting throughout our facility
- They heat their factory and process our products using natural gas, the cleanest of conventional fuels available
- They practice energy conservation by reducing energy usage in all forms when areas of a facility are not in use. Heating systems have been updated with high efficiency equipment
- Nordic Ware consistently exceeds US federal, state and local standards for wastewater, solid waste treatment, and disposal
- They request no idling of trucks at our shipping docks to reduce air emissions
- Obsolete or "second" quality products are donated to local charities rather than thrown away
Made in the USA, American made, US made, made in MN, made in Minnesota, made in Minneapolis.
Buy local Minneapolis, buy local Hennepin County, buy local Minnesota.
American made cookware, cookware made in Minnesota.